Recipe turned out really well and the crumble is delicious. It really adds texture and taste to the otherwise ordinary banana muffin. The mixture was a bit too much for my muffin tray though. Also, the crumble was concentrated in the middle and was not on the sides as the muffin rose. I will put less batter in next time.
Makes 12 muffins
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
6 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 medium, ripe bananas
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, light brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt. Then with your hands, work in the butter until large clumps form. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
2. Preheat your oven to 375 F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
4. In another bowl, mash the bananas. Add egg, oil and vanilla and mix well.
5. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir until it just comes together.
6. Fill prepared muffin tins halfway then evenly distribute with crumble topping.
7. Bake muffins for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.