- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 sugar (I will add more next time. 3/4 was not sweet enough for me.)
- 2 eggs
- lemon zest of one lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups blueberries, tossed with flour
- 2 tbsp sugar (preferably raw/brown sugar)
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt
- Ensure all wet ingredients are at room temperature to prevent curdling!
- Cream butter with sugar till white and fluffy, then add eggs, a little at a time.
- Add lemon zest and vanilla. Then add milk/sour cream slowly, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture and mix till just combined. Do not overmix!
- Mix in blueberries and spoon mixture into muffin cups.
- Top with sugar.
- Bake for 30 mins or till a toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from http://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/best-ever-blueberry-muffins.html