- Tried the honey hot wings version and it’s way too sweet and non-spicy for me despite adding a lot more hot wings sauce. Will go for the traditional hot wings next time.
- 9 wing segments
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- grated ginger
- Mince garlic/ garlic powder
- Zest and juice of 1/4 lemon
- Salt and pepper
Combine the honey, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, garlic and lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours, best if overnight or longer.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches if necessary, sear the chicken wings, flipping once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for about 30 minutes, flipping the wings often to prevent them from burning. Remove the skillet from the oven and add the remaining marinade. Continue to cook the wings on the stovetop until the sauce is thick and coats the chicken wings evenly.
- These wings were delicious and I would definitely make them again. They have a nice refreshing lemon taste.