- 1 English muffin
- 2 eggs, poached
- 60g smoked salmon, or as much as you want
- Some butter
- Baby leaf rocket salad
For hollandaise sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tsp white wine vinegar / 1tsp reduced white wine vinegar
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- squeeze lemon juice
- Poach eggs first. Break egg in ramekin or small bowl. Fill a pot with water and heat till simmering. Reduce heat and add a desertspoon of white wine vinegar. Using a ladle, create a vortex in the water and carefully slot egg in. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. When egg is done, remove and place in a bowl of cold water.
- Make hollandaise sauce. Whisk egg yolk till fluffy. Add in vinegar and continue whisking over a pot of hot water until mixture thickens. Reduced white wine vinegar can be used. Slowly add in melted butter and continue whisking. Add salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze lemon juice before serving. Recipe adapted from http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2438/basic-hollandaise .
- Toast the muffins just before hollandaise sauce is ready.
- Place smoked salmon and then poached eggs (warm briefly in hot water) on top of toasted muffins. Spoon hollandaise sauce over eggs. Serve with salad.