- 14 to 15 digestive biscuits
- 1/3 cup melted butter or slightly more if necessary
- 4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Line a 13X9″ baking pan with parchment paper leaving about 1 inch of paper hanging on the sides.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the digestive biscuit crumbs with the melted butter.
- Press the crust on the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside while making the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Spoon half of the mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- To remaining cream cheese mixture add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- With a wire whisk stir until smooth. Carefully, spoon over mixture in pan.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until just set. Turn off the oven and leave the door ajar allowing the cheesecake to slowly cool down for about 1 hour or so.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting into bars
– A thicker pumpkin layer and more pumpkin next time
Adapted from: http://roxanashomebaking.com/pumpkin-cheesecake-bars-recipe/